DINING ROOM AND GALLERY
Welcome! A comfy and casual place to bring the group for dinner, Pauline's upstairs dining area has been the site of many
birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, and gatherings of family and friends! With accommodations for groups from
eight to eighty-five, Pauline's upstairs is the perfect place to stage your next celebration.
We take reservations for groups of eight or more. Groups of 18 or more are handled on a convenient fixed-price basis (see details below). Pauline's is happy to suggest menus including seasonal pizza specials featuring our homegrown fruits and vegetables. Please give us a call to make arrangements.
GROUP DINING AT PAULINE'S (Groups of 18 or more)
The pizza menu is prepared in advance for groups of 18 or more, and Pauline's is happy to suggest options featuring our seasonal and homegrown ingredients. Special desserts and other options may also be arranged in advance with at least two weeks' notice. Following are details about seating, pricing, confirming, deposits and parking possibilities.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND SEATING
Our large dining area upstairs has two rooms, the Main Room and the Alcove Room:
• Main Room: Seats up to 65 people. Generally, we accommodate several groups in this room.
Groups of 55-65 people may reserve the entire Main Room, if available, for a minimum of $2,100.
• Alcove Room: This comfortable, intimate dining room is located off the side of the Main Room upstairs and seats up to 26 people. Groups of 20-26 people may reserve the entire Alcove Room, if available, for a minimum of $620. If not reserved exclusively, we often accommodate several smaller groups in this room as well.
• Both Rooms: Very large groups up to 65-85 people may reserve both rooms, if available, thus buying out the entire upstairs dining room for the evening. In this situation, Pauline's provides your guests a staffed bar and lavish pizza buffet. The minimum charge for reserving the entire upstairs dining room is $3,000.
• Wine Bar: Our wine bar, Pauline's Wines, is available for private events Tuesday through Saturday evenings, accommodating up to 40 guests. Please call us for details.
• Children: Pauline's welcomes children to the dining room. We suggest bringing activities to keep children seated and busy at the table. If you bring coloring books, we have crayons! Keeping children seated at the table ensures a pleasant dining experience for all of our guests.
• Buy-Outs: For buy-outs of any of our dining rooms, room fees may apply if the group falls under the low end of the range of diners listed above for each room.
Our Alcove Room seats 20-26 people.
FIXED-PRICE OPTIONS (Groups of 18 or more)
• $40.00 per person: Pizza, family-style green salad, breadsticks, and one beverage per person; tax and service included. The beverages included with this option are Pauline's own "Pizza Red" house wine, house white wine, beer, soda, or coffee*.
• $32.00 per person: Pizza, family-style green salad, and breadsticks; tax and service included
• Children 7-12 years old, $18.00 per child: Pizza, green salad, breadsticks, and one soda such as sparkling apple cider*; tax and service included. (No fixed charge for children 0-3 years old; you may wish to order a small pizza at regular menu price for them.)
• Dessert–add $7.00 per person. For groups of 20 or or more, we offer two options for pre-arranged desserts: Individual petite chocolate mousses made from our own recipe (with whipped cream!) or platters of seasonally available fresh fruit, such as strawberries. Tax and service are included in this $7.00 price; this dessert option must be arranged one week in advance or earlier.
• Any menu items or beverages ordered beyond these per-person allotments are charged at the regular menu price.
• We can plan vegan pizza options into menus with advance notice for an additional $5 fee per pizza.
• Corkage, $15 per 750ml bottle.
• Cake fee, $2 per person. Refrigerated desserts are welcome, but we can not store frozen desserts such as ice cream cakes due to our limited freezer capacity.
* For the fixed-price option including two beverages per person: Bottles of wine are counted as five beverages, bottles of sparkling apple cider or sparkling water as three, and larger (22oz.) beers as two. The 12 oz. beers, sodas and coffee are counted as one beverage. Additional beverages beyond the two per-person allotment are charged at regular menu price.
Seven Days Before: The number in your party must be confirmed within a range of five (for example, 30-35 people) by 5 p.m. seven days before the event. The low end of this range is the minimum for which groups of 18 or more will be charged. Please call with changes before this time.
Day Before: The menu and the exact number in your party must be confirmed by 5 p.m. the day before the event; this is the minimum number for which groups of 18 or more will be charged and should fall within the range of five confirmed by seven days before the party. Please call with changes before this time.
Buyouts: Parties buying out the Main Room, the Alcove Room, or the entire upstairs dining area are committed to the minimum charges for these spaces once the deposit is received.
Space permitting, additional diners may be added on the day of the event. Please call with requests for additions before 5 p.m. that evening.
Groups of 25 or more must secure their reservation with a deposit, which is 50% of the projected amount of the meal.
Balance is due at the end of the meal. We prefer deposits be made with personal checks.
Deposits for groups of 25-54 are non-refundable within six weeks of the event. Deposits for buyouts of the Main Room or the entire upstairs dining area are non-refundable.
Paid public parking is available most evenings at a lot at the corner of 14th Street and Valencia Street. The lot is operated by ZPI Parking, which is not affiliated by Pauline's, but may offer parking solutions for large groups with advance notice. ZPI Parking: (415) 350-1690.
Very large groups, particularly those booking the entire upstairs space, may wish to arrange a staffed coat check as a convenience for guests. Pauline's provides this service for a fee. Please inquire when booking a party.
Pauline's upstairs dining room doubles as a gallery. Currently, we are featuring works from the Art Production Center, an art therapy program for the developmentally disabled, in both of Pauline's dining rooms. All proceeds from artwork sales go to benefit the center and its clients.
A grand table for 30 along the alley side of our Main Room upstairs.
The Main Room upstairs seats up to 65 people; the entire upstairs area seats up to 85 people.
Updated December 29th, 2010